We are currently hiring for: Home Center Teacher and Enrichment Teacher
Home Center Teacher
We are currently accepting applications for a Lower and an Upper Elementary Lead Home CenterTeacher for the 2017 – 2018 school year. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for innovative, child-centered curriculum. Home Center Teachers teach language arts, math, science, and enrichment electives. In addition, Home Center Teachers are responsible for a “Home Center”, which is a multi-grade community advisory. There are two older Home Centers (grades 3-6) and one younger Home Center (grades K-2). A student usually remains with a Home Center teacher for two or three years, and the Home Center teacher is their primary mentor for social-emotional growth.
- Advise Home Center students (either grades K-2 or 3-6)
- Serve as primary point of contact for Home Center families
- Create and implement language arts, math, science and elective enrichment curriculum for multigrade class (typically groups of 2 grades, depending on students’ readiness)
- Collaborate with teaching teams to create high-quality, coherent curriculum
- Professional approach to working with children and families.
- Responsible for providing a safe, healthy, and positive school culture and environment.
- Use of positive methods of behavior management guidance that meet the individual needs of each child and encourage self‐control, self‐direction, self‐esteem and cooperation.
- Evaluate the educational process of students in collaboration with the Co-Directors and teachers.
- Assist in maintaining all educational and extracurricular programs within the school.
- Cooperate with local governmental, civic, and professional groups when appropriate.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively as a member of teaching teams.
- Report directly to Co-Directors
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred, current teaching license, or commensurate experience
- 2-3 years of professional teaching experience
- Comfort implementing differentiated instruction in core content areas
- Enthusiasm for multi-grade learning
- Experience designing and implementing curriculum
- CPR / First Aid certification before August 2018
- Familiarity with Responsive Classroom teaching concepts or other behavior management strategies
- Devotion to child-centered education
- Cover letter addressing the following application questions
- Resume, certificates, licenses, and registrations
- At least three letters of reference
- Describe your teaching philosophy and give an example of how you enacted this philosophy.
- Describe a collaborative team process you were engaged in. Give examples of how you contributed to the work at hand.
- Applications reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Job open until filled.
To apply, visit: https://www.schoolspring.com/job.cfm?jid=2802906
Bridge School is seeking an enrichment teacher. Working from 12pm-6pm, this teacher serves as a vital bridge between our day and afterschool educational programs. An ideal candidate has a passion for creativity and for helping students see themselves as empowered individuals. Both in our day and afterschool programs, enrichment classes are taught in a mixed-grade format. Example classes could include the following, but class offerings are guided by teachers’ interests: watercolor painting, stop-motion animation, yoga, knitting, basketball, world language, acappella signing and more!
The enrichment teacher must have experience teaching elementary aged students and working in a collaborative team. This teacher also serves as a recess and free-play supervisor, and as a community building activity facilitator. The enrichment teacher is an essential mentor of students’ social emotional growth.
-Teach and supervise students from 12pm-6pm
-Small group enrichment activity teacher
-Aftercare Program Staff and enrichment educator in accordance with Vermont Licensing Regulations for Afterschool Child Care Programs
-Professional approach to working with children and families
-Responsible for providing a safe, healthy, and positive school culture and environment
-Use of positive methods of behavior management guidance that meet the individual needs of each child and encourage self?control, self?direction, self?esteem and cooperation
-Evaluate the educational process of students in collaboration with all teachers
-Cooperate with local governmental, civic, and professional groups when appropriate.
-Report directly to the Afterschool Child Care Program Administrator and the school Co-Directors
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
-At least twenty-one years of age
-A minimum of a Bachelor’s’ Degree
-2-3 years of professional, relevant experience as teacher, coach, arts educator or camp counselor
-Experience designing and implementing curriculum
-Within the first year of employment, obtain one of the of the following:
Vermont Afterschool Foundations Certificate or
Vermont Afterschool Essentials Certificate or
Vermont On?the?Job Training Certificate or
Vermont Afterschool Professional Credential or
Vermont Program Director Credential or
Vermont Teacher Licensure or
Obtain CPR / First Aid certification before August 2017
-Familiarity with Responsive Classroom teaching concepts or other behavior management strategies.
-Devotion to child-centered education.
-Cover letter addressing the following application questions
-Resume, certificates, licenses, and registrations
-Three letters of reference
-Describe your teaching philosophy and give an example of how you enacted this philosophy.
-Describe the type of enrichment classes you would be excited to teach at Bridge School.
-Applications reviewed on a rolling basis
-Job open until filled
To apply, visit: https://www.schoolspring.com/job.cfm?jid=2802998