Bridge School nurtures children’s development as inquisitive scholars and kindhearted community members. Through collaborative, project-based, community-engaged learning, Bridge School cultivates children’s natural curiosity, and joyful creativity. We value holistic learning, thereby fostering a 21st century learner’s essential skills, knowledge and habits of mind.
We trust that children are:
- intrinsically motivated to learn
- naturally inquisitive
- kind and well-meaning
We respect children’s
- ideas and theories
- decision-making and choices
- personal passions and unique interests
We believe in the power of:
- collaborative learning experiences
- mixed-age communities
- whole-child education
Since our founding, four core objectives have guided our teaching and learning:
- Community – Involve all members of the community in learning, teaching, and the celebration of our collective work.
- Exploration – Encourage students to explore their world with confidence, respect, and passion.
- Creativity – Nurture students’ abilities to express, create, perform, and connect.
- Leadership – Foster leadership skills, and intentionally provide opportunities for students to become effective communicators and collaborators.
Read more about our Philosophy (click here).