We are currently hiring for:
- Preschool Lead Teacher (full time)
- School Office Administrator and Bookkeeper (part time)
Preschool Lead Teacher
Bridge School is a child-centered, state-approved, independent, K-6 school housed in a renovated dairy barn in Middlebury, Vermont. We are launching a preschool program beginning with a small pilot program in spring 2019, and a full opening in fall 2019. Preschoolers will have access to Bridge School’s abundant campus, including our gym, soccer fields, and playground.
At Bridge School, teachers collaboratively create hands-on, project-based curriculum, drawing on innovative pedagogy as well as state and national standards. Bridge School’s educational philosophy is driven by four core values: community, creativity, exploration, and communication.
Bridge School is seeking preschool teacher to join our leadership team to launch a preschool program for 3-5 year old children. An ideal candidate: has an entrepreneurial spirit; is a collaborative colleague; has a passion for creative curriculum; and has a dedication to child-centered education.
-Work alongside the Director to create a positive and engaging learning community for preschool students
-Work alongside Director to set daily and yearly rhythms and traditions
-Create and implement engaging curriculum
-Compliance with Vermont Licensing Regulations for Childcare
-Professional approach to working with children and families
-Responsible for providing a safe, healthy, and positive school culture and environment
-Use of positive methods of behavior management guidance that meet the individual needs of each child and encourage self-control, self-direction, self-esteem and cooperation
-Evaluate the educational process of students in collaboration with all teachers
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
-At least twenty years of age
-Meet one of the following criteria:
- At least a Vermont Early Childhood Career Ladder Level Four (4) A or B Certificate; or
- At least a bachelor degree from an accredited college with a major or concentration in Early Childhood, Child or Human Development, Elementary Education, Special Education with a birth to eight (8) years of age focus, or Child and Family Services and at least twelve (12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger; or
- At least a bachelor degree from an accredited college with at least successful completion of thirty (30) college credits with an early childhood or school age focus and at least twelve (12) months experience working with groups of children from grade three (3) or younger; or
-Obtain pediatric CPR / First Aid certification within 6 months
-Cover letter addressing the following application questions
-Resume, certificates, licenses, and registrations
-Three letters of reference
-Describe your teaching philosophy and give an example of how you enacted this philosophy.
Interested candidates should contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office Administrator & Bookkeeper
Bridge School is seeking a part-time school office administrator and bookkeeper to join our team. Working year-round, this position plays a vital role in keeping our elementary school, preschool, and summer camp running smoothly. An ideal candidate is: detail-oriented, flexible, and personable, and has a passion for developing and implementing organized systems.
- 20 hours a week with some flexibility in hours
- Year-round position, with more flexibility in the summer
- Perform all routine clerical support for the school office including: managing student attendance, answering phones, ordering and purchasing supplies, receiving and sending e-mail and mail, etc.
- Perform all bookkeeping tasks including: paying bills, invoicing for tuition, and payroll
- Administrative support for school fundraising efforts
- Work collaboratively with tax accountant
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- At least 2 years of professional, relevant experience as an office administrator, bookkeeper, or related field
- Excellent proficiency in Google Drive, Microsoft Office, and Quickbooks
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two letters of reference
- Cover letter addressing the following application question: How have your previous work and educational experiences contributed to you being an ideal candidate for working in a small, creative elementary school environment?
interested candidates should contact: email@example.com